Multi Award Winning Church Renovation, Restoration and Refurbishment Specialist
G J Banks (IW) Ltd Specialise in Church restoration and repairs working on Churches that are listed up to Grade 1* status.
We work on large restoration projects primarily funded by English Heritage on the Isle of Wight and in Southern England and are renowned for our highly skilled workforce, who are skilled in repairs to stone including hand carving replacement sections, lime mortar and plaster repair and leaded window repair.
We also undertake minor repair works to Churches to assist with maintenance of the buildings.
Our repairs to the Churches encompass the whole range of repairs needed to repair and maintain churches.
Recent projects have included provision of kitchens and toilets to many churches to enable more flexible use of these historic buildings.
- Provision of kitchens and kitchenettes including hand built oak kitchens
- Provision of toilet facilities including drainage
- Roofing, rainwater goods and lead work
- Stonework repairs and carving
- Conservation repairs including mortar repairs to eroded stonework
- Lime re-pointing
- Historic lime plaster repairs
- Decorations including limewash
- Drainage works including works with Archaeologists
- Repairs and renewal of leaded light windows
- Repairs and renewal of ironwork
- Repairs to steeples and towers
- Structural Repairs
- Timber Repairs